Throw out your eyelash curler, say goodbye to mascara!
Lash extensions are here at Tracey Bell
Wake up every morning with beautiful, drop dead gorgeous eyelashes. Makeover your eyes by transforming them with long, thick, and glossy polished lashes.
You can have the same natural looking and glamorous lashes as seen on Kim Kardashian, Sarah Jessica Parker, Madonna, Hilary Duff, Britney Spears, Eva Longoria, Jennifer Lopez, Paris Hilton, Jessica Simpson and Lindsay Lohan. They look and feel so natural that you will have everyone guessing if they are real! Rest assured you will Look and Feel Gorgeous!.
Great efforts have been made throughout history to create the illusion of long, dark eyelashes starting with mascaras dating back hundreds of years. The invention and use of false eyelashes began in 1916 when director D.W. Griffith was making his film Intolerance. He wanted actress Seena Owen to have lashes “that brushed her cheeks, to make her eyes shine larger than life.” The first false eyelashes were made of human hair woven through fine gauze by a local wig maker. They were then attached to Owen’s eyes. Although there is evidence of false eyelash use prior to 1960, the swinging 60’s saw the boom of false lashes worn by the fashionistas of the decade as part of their daily makeup routine. Later in 2004 Korea created the single lash application technique that introduced a new way of applying false individual lashes. The product was first successfully launched in Vietnam before gaining mass popularity in other countries. A relatively new technology, eyelash extensions have seen an explosion in popularity worldwide over the past 5 years. Today’s eyelash extensions are available in a variety of lengths and thicknesses and utilise the latest synthetic manufacturing process to replicate a human eyelash hair and in turn give us all access to drop dead gorgeous eyelashes every day!
PRE TREATMENT ADVICE @Tracey Bell Eyelash Extensions
Prior to your treatment it is recommended to observe the following:
- We recommend removing your contact lenses prior to your appointment; once the treatment is completed your contact lenses can be put back in straight away.
- Avoid chemical peels and powerful exfoliants 3 days before your treatment if you are having your eyebrows waxed on the day.
- For best possible results book in for an eyelash tint on the same day to darken your natural lashes.
THE TREATMENT At Tracey Bell Eye Lash Extensions
We will talk you through the entire treatment and answer any questions you may have. The treatment will involve the following:
The treatment is performed in a treatment room. You will be lying down on a comfortable treatment bed.
- We will provide a full consultation to determine the correct size and length eyelash extensions to create your desired optimum result.
- Your natural bottom eyelashes will be protected with eye pads.
- With closed eyes, your lashes are cleansed, combed and prepared for the treatment.
- Each synthetic eyelash is wiped in medical grade glue and applied one by one to your own individual eyelashes. The process is very relaxing and many clients often fall asleep.
- It will take approximately 1-2 hours, depending on the quantity and type of lashes applied.
- Upon completion, the eye pads are removed.
You then open your eyes to a more voluminous and lengthy lash line!
POST TREATMENT ADVICE At Tracey Bell Eye Lash extensions
We want your lashes to look gorgeous for the maximum possible time:
- Do not get your lashes wet for the first 24 hours.
- Avoid steam from showers or saunas for the first 24 hours.
- Do not put your face directly into the shower stream.
- Never wear waterproof mascara.
- Most clients don’t feel a need to wear mascara, however if you must wear mascara, do not use until after 24 hours,
- Be gentle to your lashes – avoid excessively rubbing your eyes and take care when dressing or removing clothes.
- Use oil-free eye make-up remover Do not apply oily/lanolin-based moisturiser on the eyelashes.
- Do not perm or tint lashes whilst you have eyelash extensions.
- Do not rub your eyes or pull on your eyelash extensions.
Schedule a maintenance touch-up / refill every 3-4 weeks to maintain the gorgeous result!