What is Medical Microdermabrasion?
Mechanical exfoliation of the skin, removing the upper layers (stratum corneum) to produce a refreshed, renewed and retexturised appearance. The process uses a vacuum suction and fine abrasive crystals to polish and resurface all skin types. As we age our skin cell turnover slows down as does collagen and elastin production, Microdermabrasion is like an accelerated exfoliation it helps to promote collagen, elastin and cell nutrition and speeds up cell production. Excellent for the treatment of acne, fine lines and wrinkles, pigmentation (brown spots) resurfacing and rejuvenation and the removal of blackheads and blocked pores.
- Can be used on face or body
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Pigmentation problems (brown spots)
- Blackheads removal
- Millae (white spot) removal
- Skin retexturising and rejuvenation
- Restores and rejuvenates a youthful glow to the skin
- The ultimate lunchtime non-surgical facial
- Minimal downtime and pain
- Removes dead and dull surface layers of the skin promoting collagen production
- Dramatic improvement in pore size, tone, texture and colour of the skin
- Reduction in large clogged pores, fine lines and oily or dull skin
- Improved circulation and lymph flow, promoting internal health and wellness of the skin
- The skin can appear lighter, brighter and more radiant with the use of a Microdermabrasion at Tracey Bell.
- you will start to see the difference with a Medical Microdermabrasion within days!
Risks of Medical Microdermabrasion
The reason the risk is so small with microderm abrasion is because it’s a very gentle procedure. It only removes the top layer of skin (which is formed only of dead skin cells), leaving the live tissue underneath intact. However, it’s a well known fact that people with darker skin (Type IV, V and VI on the Fitzpatrick Scale — see below) are more prone to pigment problems and while the risk of micro dermabrasion tampering with the pigmentary equilibrium is very small (smallest of all rejuvenation procedures) with darker skin types, it’s still there.
To download your illustrated FREE PDF GUIDE about Microdermabrasion:
On collating and concluding to a diagnosis, options, alternatives and pricing will be discussed with you. Medical questionnaire, full consultation and diagnosis will be discussed with you.
Our aim is to maintain, protect and restore individual health, and provide treatment of disease with the best available techniques, technology and experience. We respect the autonomy of the patient and will always provide truthful, open and honest medical and dental care while listening to your personal requirements.
The medical and dental treatments are clinically audited and overseen by the registered health care professionals and responsible individuals of the practice. The practice is regulated for dentistry by the Care Quality Commission.