For adults, it’s not easy to finally make the choice to get orthodontic treatment because it’s something most people get out of the way much younger in life.
But Invisalign is different than standard braces.
Instead of brackets bonded to your teeth and wires connecting them all together, Invisalign uses a series of aligners made of smooth, clear plastic.
They already sound better than the metal braces you’re familiar with, but here are three more ways to know if you’re ready to explore this option to get your dream smile!
#1 – You Don’t Want Your Braces To Show!
If we were honest with ourselves, we’d likely admit to wishing, at least sometimes, we could be young again! No real responsibilities, no financial or professional stresses… Oh, and looking younger wouldn’t be too shabby either!
But one thing most of us can agree that we don’t miss about being younger was the painful teasing about our appearance through those awkward preteen years. Do you really think you could stand the strange stares and odd looks from your co-workers as they gaze in wonderment at your metal braces?
We didn’t think so.
Invisalign gets its name from the fact that the aligners are nearly invisible, so you don’t have to look awkward while you correct your crooked teeth.
#2 – You Don’t Want To Change Your Lifestyle
You’re an adult. A self-sufficient, independent adult.
So we’re guessing you probably aren’t interested in being told what you can and can’t eat because of your orthodontic treatment. We’d also be willing to bet you wouldn’t care too much to devote what little time you have left for yourself each day to your oral hygiene routine.
Invisalign sounds perfect, then! The aligners are removable, so you don’t have to restrict your diet to protect your braces.
Nor do you have to spend more time cleaning your teeth every morning and night to get around your brackets and wires either. Just brush, floss, and rinse!
#3 – You Don’t Want To Wait Years To Love Your Smile!
It seems like we spend most of our youth chomping at the bit to enjoy the freedom of adulthood, and then spend most of our adulthood longing for the simpler days of our carefree youth.
But the reality is adulting is your life now, which means you’ve earned a bit of instant gratification, right?
In other words, you don’t really want to wait a few more years to have the smile you want. Invisalign can be completed in about a year in most cases, which sounds like a breeze compared to traditional orthodontic treatment that takes up to 2 – 3 years.
You’re probably ready to try Invisalign if you’re done playing the waiting game for a better-looking smile!
Invisalign Clear Braces are one of the most popular treatments at Tracey Bell.
This revolutionary system from the USA allows children, teens and adults teeth to be straightened – closing gaps between teeth and aligning teeth.
The system uses the latest in computerised orthodontic technology and at Tracey Bell Liverpool and Isle of Man we are proud to be listed as a Platinum Practitioner.
Benefits of Invisalign Clear Braces
- Results – The results are pre-determined before treatment with Invisalign begins. The use of 3D technology allows your result to be viewed immediately.
- Aesthetics/Cosmetics – the use of Invisalign clear braces makes the aligners virtually invisible to anyone. This is one of the main reasons why thousands of adults have completed Invisalign treatment.
- Convenience – the ability for you to remove Invisalign clear braces allows eating, maintenance of good oral hygiene and greatly improved in social circumstances. The aligners can be removed if necessary.
As you replace each set of clear braces with the next series, your teeth will move little by little, week by week until they have straightened to the final position your orthodontist or dentist has prescribed.You wear each set of aligners for about 2 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush and floss. You’ll visit your Tracey Bell orthodontist in Liverpool or Isle of Man about once every 6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned. Total treatment time averages 9-15 months and the average number of clear braces / aligners worn during treatment is between 18 and 30, but both will vary from case to case.
Why Choose Straighter Teeth using Clear Braces?
Invisalign clear braces can help you get the great smile you’ve always wanted because it’s…
- Invisible, so no one can tell you’re straightening your teeth. So now you can smile more during treatment as well as after.
- Removable, so you can eat and drink what you want while in treatment, plus brushing and flossing is no problem.
- Comfortable, because it has no metal to cause mouth abrasions during treatment. And no metal and wires usually means you spend less time in your orthodontist’s practice getting adjustments.
Invisalign clear braces also allows you to view your own virtual treatment plan when you start, so you can see how your straight teeth will look when your treatment is complete.
Clear Braces – who does it works for:
All adults and adolescents who are after a better smile.
5 easy ways to having a perfect smile simply by Invisalign:
Step 1 – Visit your orthodontist
Step 2 – Invisalign makes your aligners.
Step 3 – You receive your aligners in a few weeks.
Step 4 – You wear your aligners.
Step 5 – You have the perfectly straight teeth of your dreams.
Risks of Invisalign
As with any elective dental treatment, there are great benefits to Invisalign Clear Braces but there may also be risks involved. Our clinicians at Tracey Bell Liverpool or Isle of Man are more than happy to discuss any concerns with you.
- The vitality of teeth can be affected. The nerve of your tooth can be destroyed.
- A root canal may be necessary if you experience any nerve damage
- Any crowns or fillings may become dislodged and therefore require replacement or repair
- Dental tenderness can occur
- Speech may be temporarily affected, resulting in a lisp
- Mouth dryness or increased salivation are also possible
- Root resorption can occur- damage to the ends of the roots where the teeth have been allowed to move
- Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) can also occur, causing pain in the jaw joint, headaches
- There is also the risk of allergic reaction
- It is important to choose a qualified dentist to perform your dental implant surgery. This will alleviate many sever side effects.
- Feel free to ask questions about Invisalign Clear Braces