What Are Anti-Wrinkle Injections?
Injecting botulimum toxin type A (Botox) into facial muscles inhibits muscle action, thereby decreasing forehead furrowing, frown-lines and wrinkles around the eyes: at Tracey Bell we utilise botulimum toxin A to effectively combat excessive perspiration in the underarms, palms and soles of feet, known as hyperhydrosis.
Botox has been used for many years for medicinal purposes at Tracey Bell. It is commonly used in clinical practice for migraine, excessive sweating, and reduction in muscle bulk leading to deep wrinkles and furrows in the process of ageing.
Botox is a prescription-only medication (POM) and is prescribed specifically for you by a Dentist, Doctor or Nurse prescriber.
The results are dependent on the medical condition diagnosed and treated.
Prior to any Botox or Dermal Filler treatment, assessment, photographs and a medical diagnosis will be made. A full medical consultation and consent is required prior to treatment.
Treatment costs vary according to the clinical situation and medical condition being treated. At Tracey Bell we ensure that your Botox treatment will be simple, safe, effective and provide you with the results you want.
“So natural that everyone notices… but nobody knows.”
Benefits of Anti-wrinkle treatments
- Anti-wrinkle treatments at Tracey Bell smooth lines and wrinkles.
- Anti-wrinkle treatments at Tracey Bell rejuvenate and revitalise facial features.
- Anti-wrinkle treatments at Tracey Bell last approximately 3-4 months.
- Repeated Anti-wrinkle treatments visibly improve the appearance of the skin – Anti-wrinkle treatments are a preventative treatment.
- Anti-wrinkle treatments at Tracey Bell can produce a natural relaxed appearance
- Anti-wrinkle treatments have been shown to clinically improve migraines and headaches.
- Anti-wrinkle treatments can be used to treat excessive sweating/hydrohydrosis; this is a condition many people suffer from and is more commonly found in the underarm and feet.
- Anti-wrinkle treatments are also used medically for Blephroplasm, a muscle condition affecting the eyes.
Risks of Anti-Wrinkle Injections
Notice to patients – VAT on treatments
Whilst medical treatments are exempt from VAT, recent government changes have required us to add VAT onto treatments that are purely for cosmetic reasons (i.e. non-medical). Many people receive botulinum toxin treatment for control of migraine, migraine headaches and atypical facial pain. Others seek so-called “cosmetic treatments” for the treatment of poor self-esteem and depression. Some of these treatments may be long-term and ongoing. There are many other medical reasons that people seek advice from cosmetic practitioners such as us. We expressly employ registered healthcare practitioners to provide these services in the understanding that our treatments are for primarily medical reasons. We hope that you do not mind certifying that your treatment is for the relief of a medical condition; we feel that a paper record of this fact will enable us not to have to add additional cost onto your treatment. If, however, the treatment is for cosmetic reasons, we will need to add VAT at the current rate.
To download your FREE ILLUSTRATED GUIDE please
On collating and concluding to a diagnosis, options, alternatives and pricing will be discussed with you. Medical questionnaire, full consultation and diagnosis will be discussed with you.
Our aim is to maintain, protect and restore individual health, and provide treatment of disease with the best available techniques, technology and experience. We respect the autonomy of the patient and will always provide truthful, open and honest medical and dental care while listening to your personal requirements.
The medical and dental treatments are clinically audited and overseen by the registered health care professionals and responsible individuals of the practice. The practice is regulated for dentistry by the Care Quality Commission.